Re: License file header for a new file

On 09/28/2010 07:40 AM, Ardelean, Andrei wrote:
Hi,

I am porting MIPS Linux from Malta to a new platform. I created a new
file gd-memory.c from the original malta-memory.c and I modified the
code to match the new platform. The original malta-memory.c has the
following header:
/*
  * Carsten Langgaard, carstenl@xxxxxxxx
  * Copyright (C) 1999,2000 MIPS Technologies, Inc.  All rights reserved.
  *
  *  This program is free software; you can distribute it and/or modify
it
  *  under the terms of the GNU General Public License (Version 2) as
  *  published by the Free Software Foundation.
  *
  *  This program is distributed in the hope it will be useful, but
WITHOUT
  *  ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY
or
  *  FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public
License
  *  for more details.
  *
  *  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along
  *  with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
Inc.,
  *  59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston MA 02111-1307, USA.
  *
  * PROM library functions for acquiring/using memory descriptors given
  * us from the YAMON.
  */

What should be the correct header for gd-memory.c?

If there is code from the original file remaining, you should keep the original copyright message

If you made material changes to it, you could *add* your own copyright line.

David Daney