Re: [RFC] Support 36-bit iomem on 32-bit Au1x00

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:19:22PM +0100, pascal@xxxxxxxx wrote:

The whole fixing up of I/O addresses was necessary because the generic
code was written to assume that sizeof(unsigned long) == sizeof(void *)
and that mostly because it was handy for Linus' i386 world.

Today I think it would be preferable to get rid of the the fixups, pay the
small price for the larger resources and get sanity in exchange.  My gut
feeling is that the bloat factor should be small.  Either way, I'll let
you two sort this out for Alchemy and mark this patch as defered.

  Ralf