Re: COMMAND_LINE_SIZE and CONFIG_FRAME_WARN

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Dmitri Vorobiev wrote:

> >  KSEG space is not paged, so who cares about the page size?  You're not
> > making additional stack page allocations, although you can overflow the
> > space available at some point (but that's avoided if you know a priori
> > your backtrace is not going to be deep).  Static allocation has its
> > drawbacks, for example it takes storage space (if it's initialised data)
> > or memory space (if it's BSS) indefinitely.
>
> Thanks for the explanation. Then a variable-size array, I guess.

 Note that MIPS is at an advantage here and other architectures may have
to page the kernel space, so the observation is valid for our platform
code only -- for generic code (anything that goes outside arch/mips) you
may have to change the assumptions.

  Maciej