Re: Qube2 slowly dies

--- On Fri, 12/6/09, Kevin D. Kissell <kevink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     Your description sounds an awful lot
> like failures I've seen when
> interrupts get lost or blocked for some reason (could be
> hardware, the
> kernel, or some interaction between them).  Have you
> looked at
>  to see if "Spurious" interrupts are
> occurring, or if
> the rate of serviced timer and I/O interrupts decreases or
> increases as
> the system degrades?
>

> No I haven't checked - but I will. What would I be
> looking for that would stick out as "spurious"?
> The type of interrupt, qty or random interrupts appearing
> and dissapearing?
>

> There's a separate counter, and /proc/interrupts
> report, for spurious
> interrupts.

I've just tested it and I see no extra counters appearing, unless the cascade is an issue

deb:~#  cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:          1          XT-PIC  timer
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc0
  9:          0          XT-PIC  ohci_hcd:usb1, ehci_hcd:usb2, ohci_hcd:usb3
 14:       3166          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          0          XT-PIC  ide1
 18:          0            MIPS  cascade
 19:       4399            MIPS  eth0
 21:        361            MIPS  serial
 22:          0            MIPS  cascade
 23:     274025            MIPS  timer
 32:          2         GT641xx  gt641xx_timer0

When the machine starts to go, the cpu time column in top sometimes shows nan - surely that shouldn't happen -it should be either 0 or >0

Any other ides chaps?