Re: [loongson-dev] Re: a pre-release of merging loongson patchs to linux-2.6.29.1

> Hello,
>

> The kernel is compiling fine now. I have been using it for a few hours.

thanks for your work :-)

> I don't understand why some stuff are not included in
> arch/mips/configs/yeeloong2f_defconfig,
> for example the sound chip or the v4l stuff for the webcam.

I just updated the default kernel configuration file for loongson2f
based machines, hope it can help you :-)

> I also had to :
> - add INPUT_EDEV to get the mouse and the keyboard under X (1.6.99.1).
> - compile external wifi modules from
>
> http://www.lemote.com/upfiles/wifi/rtl8187B_linux_26.1049.1215.2008_release2.tar.gz
>
>   to get proper Wifi performances (or I had to sit on the access point)
> - get and compile the ec_module stuff from git
> - had the PPP and bluetooth support for my 3G connection that's works
> now with wvdial (thanks robert :))
>
> The box is also complaining when it boots and try to set time :
>
> xiwen ~ (n32) # hwclock  --debug
> hwclock from util-linux-ng 2.14.2
> hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=2: No such file or directory.
> No usable clock interface found.
> Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

the previous kernel configuration file not include the "Real Time
Clock", so, no /dev/rtc there, so sorry :-)

> I have seen some patches related to system clock in the git tree but i
> don't understand.
>
> What has to be included in the config tree to get suspend/hibernate and
> cpu_freq working  ?

* try the following configuration options:

Machine selection  --->
             [*] Using cs5536's MFGPT as system clock

Power management options  --->
             [*] Power Management support
             [*] Suspend to RAM and standby
             [*] Hibernation (aka 'suspend to disk')
             (/dev/hda3) Default resume partition

CPU Frequency scaling  --->
             [*] CPU Frequency scaling
             [*]   Loongson-2F CPU Frequency driver

* basic user manual(from www.lemote.com):

1. install a shell script

# apt-get install hibernate

2. modify the configuration file /etc/hibernate/common.conf

* find the "UnloadModules" section, modify it like this

UnloadModules r8187 usbhid ohci_hcd ehci_hcd

remove the # before "LoadModules auto"

* modify the "network" section

DownInterfaces eth0
UpInterfaces auto

* modify the "hardware_tweaks" section

remove the # before "FullSpeedCPU yes"

3. prepare a swap partition, by default, it is configured in kernel
as /dev/hda3

change it to yours swap partition in kernel or configure it
via /sys/power/resume, for example:

# fdisk -l | grep swap | cut -d' ' -f1
/dev/sda5
# ls -l /dev/sda5
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 5 2009-04-10 10:26 /dev/sda5
# echo 8:5 > /sys/power/resume

4. resume

pass an argument "resume=/dev/hdaX" to kernel, /dev/hdaX is your swap
partition.

5. try STD

# hibernate-disk