Re: dec_esp?

Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Craig Prescott wrote:
I've built a 2.6.28.4 kernel from LinuxMIPS.org and have booted it on one of
my DECstations. No SCSI devices are detected, though.

I noted that the dec_esp driver was removed from the kernel. Does an
alternative exist?
<snip>

You're the first one to ask since the old driver was removed -- which is
sort of indicative of how much interest (beyond myself) in the platform is
there. I have planned to get back at it once I am done with what I'm
doing at the moment (which'll take a while yet), so I have noted your
request, but feel free to look into the driver if you like. There's a GIT
tree at kernel.org dedicated to ESP development and the point of contact
is DaveM.
Ok, thanks. I will have a look. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do anything useful - maybe start by looking at the old dec_esp driver and at how other 53c94 drivers made the conversion from the NCR to the esp_scsi core will give some guidance.

Cheers,
Craig