Re: Crazy idea: run linux on a mips-based photo frame

Hi!

> I have a SPF-83V photo frame from Samsung and his software (WinCE 5)
> sucks. I've being toying with the idea of running Linux on it and I
> discovered this page[1] that shows a little bit about it's guts. I have
> some experience with arm-based devices but never tried any mips-based
> one but for what I can see, the hardware is pretty standard, the SoC is
> an Alchemy AU-1200.

Shouldn't be too hard: from the debug output logs it seems to be derived from
the Db1200 (the CE-port at least).  Find out the configuration of the memory and
statis bus controllers and you should be set to run Raza's YAMON on it.

Best regards,
      Manuel Lauss