RE: cacheflush system call-MIPS

A far more appropriate caching mode for frame buffers, if your processor
supports it, is to use uncached accelerated
(_CACHED_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED in the kernel source). Unfortunately, at
least as far as I can tell, you'd need to write your own driver to do
the memory mapping so that it can set the cache coherency attributes to
get this behavior. Not especially hard if you are familiar with device
drivers, much harder if you are note.