Re: NXP STB225 board support

Kevin D. Kissell wrote:
> Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
>  >
>  > Bisecting my Linus vanilla git, I found that the problem appeared
>  > after the following patch was applied:
>  >
>  >
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=566f74f6b2f8b85d5b8d6caaf97e5672cecd3e3e
>  >
>  > After reverting the patch, Linus vanilla git kernel again boots ok on
>  > the board. Please, take a look.
>
> Could one of the Cavium guys explain why the new code for V2 cores does
> "ebase += ..."  and not "ebase = "?

The value "(read_c0_ebase() & 0x3ffff000)" is a physical address and
must be converted into Mips KSEG address by adding CAC_BASE. My guess is
that something about the NXP STB225 isn't fully Mips r2 and doesn't
implement the ebase register correctly. I'm afraid I don't know anything
about that processor.

Chad