Re: question regarding system memory whatever

Resending because list address was garbled on the first try.

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:01:07 -0800 Michael Sundius <msundius@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> well, attached is a patch for arch/mips/kernel/setup.c
>
> we've done lots of other stuff to this file this but I think  this is
> the essential
> part you need to make sure that the bootmem allocator knows
> about the memory before your kernel.
>
> note that I  moved the call to memory_present() not for this issue but
> to make sparsemem work (though I've changed that again
> to call memory_present() from add_memory_region() since it
> seems to make more sense to call it there.
>
> you may also want to think about using sparse memory model
> as it will likely give your ap developers even more room.

Well thanks for this, it seems pretty straight forward.  I thought
maybe there was something more nefarious preventing this from working
so I'll work it in and see how it goes.

Cheers,