Re: xorg-server-1.5.2 doesn't work because of missing sysfs pci resource files

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 01:39:08AM +0800, Zhang Le wrote:

> > I have build a new kernel with this patch.
> > Now I have the resource{0,1} file with permission 600.
> > However, X is not working yet, since there is an undefined reference in sis's
> > X driver.
>
> It is working now! Just forget to load "vbe" module.
> Thanks!

Wonderful, thanks for testing!

Now, my patch doesn't try to handle all the caching modes.  Any mapping
will be uncached which is guaranteed to deliver the lowest possible
performance.  Registers should be mapped uncached but a framebuffer
will usually work best if mapped in uncached accelerated mode.  On
most MIPS implementations the effect of mapping something multiple times
in different caching modes is undefined so that needs to be avoided
which will require some bookkeeping etc.  Too much for 2.6.28 but this
simple solution seems harmless enough to be pushed for 2.6.28 and
-stable.

  Ralf