Re: Anyone noticed that there are a lot of cache flushes after kunmap/kunmap_atomic is called?

Jon Fraser wrote:
David,

  I'm battling this now.  Our mips 24k has a virtually indexed cache.
We're definitely seeing issues where the cache hasn't been flushed
for highmem pages.  I thought I had this fixed, but I'm still seeing
some problems.

As I understand it, you have the most difficult combination of things:
o You are using high memory
o You have a virtually indexed cache
o You have data cache aliases

Fortunately, we have only the first two of those in our system. We should probably put together a coherent set of patches for people who want high memory. So far as I can tell, the 32-bit MIPS architecture has a long way to go before it runs out of steam in the embedded world. I expect more people will need MIPS highmem support in the next few years.

David