Re: Debian etch on cobalt

Hi Chaps,

Just a little update on my progress with this, I would post to the debian mips list, but alas I can't seem to sign up. I tried a whole bunch of things but the problem still persisted using etch. As soon as I went down to sarge/oldstable whings were ok.

Heres what I've tried, and all of this made no change to the problem:

- A fresh etch install, only adding ssh, screen and any packages needed to compile stuff.

- Switched out the ram. The machine is using 3.3v ram, I swapped it for 5v as I had no other spare and it's worked fine before.

- Tried another qube, (just swapped the disks)

- Turned of IDE DMA using hdparm

So hardware wize I've tried averything apart from another hard disk (I don't have one spare unfortunately).

Sarge seems okay, however I'd rather run etch. Is there anything else I can check?

Glyn