Debian etch on cobalt

Hi Chaps,

I'm trying to get going with debian etch on a cobalt qube2. Unfortunately it dies randomly whilst I try to compile postgres.

I tried subscribing to the debian mipsel ilist with no luck.

I used the following image:
 http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-mipsel/current/images/cobalt/nfsroot.tar.gz

Other than that I've done little else other than apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to use the latest kernel.

When I start compiling postgres 8.3.3 it crashes randomly, if I keep rebooting I can get it compiled, however theres something seriously sh*gged here.

Are there known problems? Is there anything I can do to help, anything I can do to get a kernel core dump? How would I go about getting LKCD going?

Not happy with your email address?.