Re: sparse or discontiguous memory on 32bit mips platform

Hi,

I have something similar.  Under 2.6.24, I have the following
configured:

CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
CONFIG_CPU_SUPPORTS_HIGHMEM=y
CONFIG_SYS_SUPPORTS_HIGHMEM=y
CONFIG_ARCH_FLATMEM_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_ARCH_DISCONTIGMEM_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_DISCONTIGMEM=y
CONFIG_FLAT_NODE_MEM_MAP=y
CONFIG_ARCH_POPULATES_NODE_MAP=y
CONFIG_NODES_SHIFT=6
CONFIG_FLAT_NODE_MEM_MAP=y
CONFIG_NEED_MULTIPLE_NODES=y

Each bank of memory is in a separate node. I did have to write
some code in arch/mips/kernel/setup.c to setup the multiple memory
regions.  I used some of the PPC NUMA code as an example, IIRC.

Because my second bank of mem starts at 0x20000000,
I use HIGHMEM to access it.  There been some HIGHMEM info
posted to this list in the last 6 months.

I didn't think my efforts were general enough to post, but maybe
more people are doing these discontiguous memory platforms.

Jon