Re: RFC: Adding non-PIC executable support to MIPS

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 01:59:19PM -0700, David VomLehn wrote:
This sounds like really good stuff and, on first reading, it all seems to make sense to me. My only real concern is documentation of these changes.

FWIW, I'll be posting our version of this project shortly, and it
includes an ABI supplement.  Supplemental to a somewhat hypothetical
document, but there you go...

Also, FWIW, if there is interest in trying to get an Linux Standard Base working group for the MIPS Processor, one of the LSB Steering Committee members used to be Chair of the MIPS ABI Group Technical Committee, which wrote the MIPS ABI. And, uh, yeah, I'll admit it, I used to chair the TC, too, once upon a time. So, we actually still have some people around who at least used to know something about it...

--
David VomLehn, dvomlehn@xxxxxxxxx
The opinions expressed herein are likely mine, but might not be my employer's...

- - - - - Cisco - - - - - This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.