Re: SB1250 locking up in init on current 2.6.16 kernel

Hi Thiemo,

I went back to 2.6.16.60, reverted your patch changes,
then removed the

  if (cpu_has_dc_aliases) {

conditional expression in three places in
include/asm-mips/mach-generic/ide.h.

Unfortunately, I get the same lockup as before.

- Larry

http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2008-03/msg00001.html)
> > on 2.6.16.60, and also patched
> arch/mips/mm/c-sb1.c to
> > remove:
> >
> >           local_flush_data_cache_page = (void *)
> > sb1_nop;
> >
> > in order to compile after your changes to cache.c
> and
> > cacheflush.h.  However, this did not work on my
> board,
> > and I experienced the same lockup as before.
>
> Stick with the original 2.6.16.60 code but try to
> remove the
>
>    if (cpu_has_dc_aliases) {
>
> conditional in ide.h _without_ using my patch. This
> is what made
> it boot for me.

> top
> > of other cache code hacks for the SB-1.
> >
> > What other "cache code hacks for SB-1"?  Are there
> > additional changes required to 2.6.16.60 to make
> SB1
> > work properly?  Did you post those hacks
> somewhere?
>
> No, what I meant to say is that the old sb-1 cache
> code isn't quite
> the most trustibe code, it had some holes which were
> papered over
> by doing more cache flushes than necessary.
>

> Thiemo

Be a better friend, newshound, and