MTD Partitions Permissions at Run Time.

Hi ,

Ours is a embedded product with pre-defined flash partitions say "Boot"
, "Kernel" , "Rootfs" & "ProductData".
The kernel which is in the box (linux 2.6.14)has Boot partition as "RO"
(Read Only). We have a requirement in the field that the boot code
should be upgraded also.
Is there any possibility of changing the partition permissions at
run-time? If so how ?
Our solution was to create a Kernel image Boot as RW, upgrade the kernel
& reboot. Later change the Boot code.

But we are seeing if we can avoid such situation by remounting the MTD
partition with a RW permission.

Ramgopal Kota