NFS mount fails with CONFIG_HIGHMEM on MIPS 24Kc system on 2.6.24

We have a 2.6.24final port to a MIPS 24Kc-based system which works normally without CONFIG_HIGHMEM enabled. When we enable HIGHMEM, the system boots normally using a CRAMFS root filesystem. If we use an NFS root filesystem, however, it appears to go through a normal boot, including the freeing of init memory, but then just sits indefinitely in r4k_wait().

I can see that using HIGHMEM enables use of kmap_atomic in networking code. Are there issues with networking or NFS with HIGHMEM enabled?

--
David VomLehn, dvomlehn@xxxxxxxxx
The opinions expressed herein are likely mine, but might not be my employer's...