Re: Updated:Error opening framebuffer device/Unknown symbol

Do not be surprised at the lack of response.  You have provided very little information on your problem, and have not done your homework.

I would strongly suggest purchasing a copy of Linux Kernel Development, 2nd edition, by Robert Love.  It's an excellent book for giving an introduction to many aspects of the kernel.  In particular, pages 16 and 17 provide answers to your questions, which many of the other readers of these lists have already answered.  A quick read through that book will save you time when you're confronted with these types of problems.

Shane