insmod: unknown symbol error(updated)

Hi All,

Actually we have wriitten a framebuffer driver for MIPS platform(cross compiled at intel86 linux box).
We are installing it by insmod command.
Then we are getting the following error.
<name> Cannot insert <name> unknown symbol in module(8) no such file or directory
Also it has some code and function for propertiary graphics code.
For that i have we have added supplementary <supp.ko> file to be linked with the main frame buffer driver
in the makefile to provide the reference for the symbols for the propertiary graphics code.
We have added the line LICENCE_MODULE(GPL) in main frame buffer driver code(<name>)

Can anybody help in this regard?
Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards,