cross compiling kernel image for MIPS platform in Linux Intel box

Hi All,

I have cross compiled kernel image for MIPS platform in Linux Intel box.
But when i am booting the image in the MIPS board.
There are 2 problems.
1.  Could not load vmlinuz:I/O error
2. The size of the image is huge.

Can somebody help in this regard?
If somebody have proper config file or steps for building the kernel image for MIPS, then please mail me.
Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
kaka