mapping a userspace thread to a kernelspace thread

Hi list ,

            I want to know how can we map a userspace thread to a
kernel thread as mentioned in 1:1 threading model (linuxthreads) or
M:N model (NPTL)  . Does this happen by just calling a
pthread_create() in the userspace program or i need to do something
more in the kernel space . i am using 2.6.20 kernel  .
       I want to use this for multi threading operation in a SMP
environment where in i want to schedule a userspace program on another
processor by spawning a thread  . Can anyone help me in this.

Thanks and regards,
Suprasad.