Re: CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 broken on IP32 since 2.6.20

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Franck Bui-Huu wrote:

> Just to be sure I understand both of you correctly, could
> you confirm that in case of '-msym32' switch isn't supported,
> we should _silently_ drop this option ? That's what Atsushi
> was suggesting. But reading what Maciej wrote, it seems that
> we should notify the user...

 Wrong assumption.  I have thought the "-msym32" option was wired straight
to CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64, which would be reasonable given what the
configuration option is meant to be doing.  From the code generation's
point of view the "-msym32" option can be safely dropped silently, but
that questions the CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 option itself and I think we have
agreed, not necessarily enthusiastically, but still, that
CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 will be dropped altogether.

  Maciej