Re: MIPS atomic memory operations (A.K.A PR 33479).

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, David Daney wrote:

> I just checked myself.  'sync' is not emulated.  We will have to make a change
> so that it is not emitted on ISAs that do not support it.

 The problem is if such software is run on a newer processor it may
silently break.  Tough, I know...  We should have added "sync" emulation
long ago.  OTOH, perhaps the MIPS I userbase is not that large anymore for
the emulation to be required with a short transition period only?

  Maciej