Re: O_DIRECT file access and cache aliasing...

YH Lin wrote:
Hi There,

There's system call "cacheflush" which is specific to MIPS Linux for
flushing cache in the user level.

$ man cacheflush

should be able to give out more information.
Yes, we know of the cacheflush system call, it was one of the tools we used to diagnose the cache aliasing defect.

Ideally the kernel we are using (2.6.15 + vendor BSP) would present standard Linux semantics. That way we would not have to conditionally sprinkle cacheflush calls throughout out code to achieve the correct behavior obtained on other systems.

As Atsushi Nemoto noted in the other message, the problem has probably been corrected in the kernel mainline. Perhaps an upgrade is in order.

Thanks,
David Daney

Regards,
YH Lin