Re: Modpost warning on Alchemy

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > so no problem here as long as you enable CONFIG_64BIT_PHYS_ADDR which is
> > implied in such a case.
>
> Which happens to be the solution that is Linus-incompatible so I may
> eventually have to change it ;-)

 Well, however we do it, the width of the physical address cookie used
with ioremap() should not be forced to be related to the width of the
virtual address space in any way.  I see no reason for us to be crippled
by limitations of some other architectures or, worse yet, by ones of some
code specific to some other platform.

  Maciej