Re: cacheops.h & r4kcache.h

On 8/1/07, Ralf Baechle <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 03:18:00PM +0200, Mohamed Bamakhrama wrote:
>
> > In those two header files, flush & invalidate operations were
> > implemented. Nevertheless, the MIPS32 core supports cache locking as
> > well. Is there any implementations for Fetch&Lock instructions within
> > the kernel?
>
> No.  The primary use for cache locking seems to be the rather extreme
> realtime requirements, a league where Linux isn't playing quite yet.
> For a more general purpose OS locking has a good chance of doing more
> harm than help.
>
>   Ralf

I agree with you that it fits more to real-time systems. My point was
that such a functionality can be added to the list of available macros
(i.e. Fetch, invalidate) so that when the developer (of an embedded
system for example) needs it, he/she can use it directly.

Is it possible to submit a patch which adds this functionality?

Regards,

--
Mohamed