Re: Porting SMP kernel into a dual-core MIPS architecture

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 05:07:19PM +0200, Mohamed Bamakhrama wrote:

> Is there any guidelines/tutorial for porting the SMP kernel into a
> dual core new architecture based on MIPS32?
> AFAIK, in the x86 world we have Intel MPS 1.4 standard. I wonder if
> there exists a similar thing for MIPS. In other words, what are the
> minimum requirements needed to port the SMP kernel into such an
> architecture?

The MIPS Architecture definition defines the behaviour of the processor
in great detail.  It doesn't define the system level or firmware.  I
suggest you download the architecture manual from www.mips.com and if
that leaves any questions open, post again.

  Ralf