Re: Segmentation Fault from MP3-Player with Etch on Qube2

* Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2007-05-10 01:13]:
> There are know problems with PCI soundcard on noncoherent MIPS
> platform (including cobalt) and some patches are floating around.  For
> example:
> http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2007-04/msg00072.html
>
> This is a long standing issue and I wonder why your soundcard _did_
> work with debian sid.  The kernel of sid contains fixes for this
> issue?

I don't think it ever worked with 2.6, but it certainly worked with
2.4.  Is it much work to get 2.6 working again?  This problem comes up
from time to time, so it seems it's hitting a number of users.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/