Re: spi: Add support for au1550 spi controller

On Friday 27 April 2007, Jan Nikitenko wrote:

> As the spi clock of the controller depends on main input clock that
> shall be configured externally, platform data structure for au1550 spi
> controller driver contains mainclk_hz attribute to define the input
> clock hz ...

I suppose the only reason this isn't more or less just

	mainclk_hz = clk_get_rate(clk_get(hw->dev, "main"));

is that arch/mips/au1000/* doesn't support <linux/clk.h> yet...

In general I think it's much preferable to support that common
infrastructure than invent alternative solutions.  But I won't
be antisocial and try to hold back this driver on _that_ account!

But I will feel free to point out this particular bit of missing
infrastructure.  I hope that supporting it is on the agenda of
the MIPS subset of the embedded Linux world.  :)

- Dave