Back ground user process display issue on linux-2.6.18 kernel

Hi ,

We are running a sample user application "samp_app" in the background using "samp_app &" form rcS script file.
We are using linux-2.6.18 kernel.
In this application code we have put some debug messages to display it on console using printf() function.
We are unable to see any of these debug messages on the console.
When we run the same application in the foreground (without &) from same rcS script, we are getting these messages on console.

WE RAN THE SAME APPLICATION AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS ('samp_app &') ON LINUX-2.6.12 KERNEL. WE ARE ABLE TO GET THESE DEBUG PRINTS.

Could you please tell us what might be the reason for this behavior on linux-2.6.18.
Did we miss any configuration option in the 2.6.18 kernel.

Note that we are using same toolchain for both the kernel versions.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Sathesh.

Here?s a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers