Re: Au1500 and TI PCI1510 cardbus

Hello.

Marco Braga wrote:

> I think I'm beginning to make a lot of confusion. Is the problem that
the
> PCI1510 must NOT be behind a bridge, or the problem is that PCI1510 acts
as
> a bridge, so cardbus cards cannot work?

    The second.

Ok, at the risk of appearing totally dumb, I'll double check.. If the second
ic correct, PCI1510 is a bridce, a cardbus card cannot work.

Yeah. Note that it's not totally broken -- you just can't use the "decent" devices on it, i.e. ones with bus mastering.

   You can see yourself that PCI1510 is a bridge (Cardbus-to-PCI bridge is
largely the same as PCI-to-PCI bridge).

Ok.

Yeah, that's an importnat point. AMD docs don't say about CardBus bridges, So, it was probably obvious to me only. :-)

So it seems that the 3Com card is behind a bus. Should this work? From
what
> I've understood, it should now work..

    Think again. :-)

Ok, that's a typo :-) It should NOT work. Is this better?

  Sounds like what's been told in the errata 32.

It seems that  Au1500 slowly faded into the shadows. Now it is owned by
Raza, but there is no sign of an errata document, perhaps I've lost the
magic moment when a lot of documentation was available.

   The errata has been available only from the AMD's developer site.

But still, the question remains: how can Takeyoshi's "Ricoh CardBus Bridge"
work with a cardbus card if bridges cannot work with Au1500's PCI?

Scrub scrub..

WBR, Sergei