Re: IP32 prom crashes due to __pa() funkiness

On 3/19/07, Franck Bui-Huu <vagabon.xyz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now it's clear that CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 is really confusing. I would say
that whatever the value of CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64, your kernel should run
fine. BUT it really depends on your kernel load address:

if CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64=y then kernel load address must be in XKPHYS
if CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64=n then kernel load address must be in CKSEG0

to be more accurate, the following other config:

       CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64=y and kernel load address in CKSEG0

should theoretically work but currently doesn't because of __pa() introduction.

This config should not be used because it's normally not interesting
for normal user. It's only interesting for testing purpose if I recall
correctly. And the patch that automatically set CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64
should fix this.

BTW, you should take a look at:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-mips&m=117019833420946&w=2

this thread clearly state that current config of IP32 kernel is
broken. Sorry for remembering so lately...
--
              Franck