Re: Building 64 bit kernel on Cobalt

Hi,

On 3/8/07, Jim Gifford <maillist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 03:18:45PM -0800, Jim Gifford wrote:
>

>> Last working Kernel was 2.6.19 series.

It seems that I broke things again :(

>> Some changes from 2.6.19 and the 2.6.20 make it impossible to build a 64
>> bit kernel to boot on the cobalt. Ya, I know why, building a N32
>> actually but need a 64 bit kernel in order to do that. Anyone got any
>> suggestions. Looking through the difference between the kernels to
>> figure this out, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Any
>> suggestions as to a starting point?
>>

> Try git-bisect to track down the changeset that broke things.
>
>   Ralf

We got it nailed down to arch/mips/kernel /setup.c. But we have not
isolated which change is actually causing it.

Do you use any initrd ? If so how do you pass its address to the kernel ?

What is your kernel load address ?

can you send your .config file you're using ?

We do know that reverting back to the 2.6.19.x arch/mips/kernel /setup.c
will fix the issue. We will continue to dwindle it down until we come up
with the offender.

What did the console say ? If nothing early console may help if available.

thanks
--
              Franck