RE: [MIPS] Remove Basler Excite support

> From: linux-git-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:linux-git-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
> linux-mips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:39 PM
> To: git-commits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [MIPS] Remove Basler Excite support

Ralf,

the last time I worked on it (which is three days ago, while working to make the excite nand flash driver ready for submission), it built and ran just fine, so I really wonder why you are removing it. I now notice that it has been made depending on BROKEN some time ago, which escaped my attention when it happened.

The reason I did not encounter any build problems is that I always built the code with the yet-to-be-submitted drivers. The compilation error you get when building the excite platform is caused by a dependency upon the rm9k_serial driver, on which the platform depends for serial console support. I haven't yet managed to submit that driver, although I made several attempts. If serial console support were disabled, the code could trivially be fixed to compile without errors.

Can you revert the removal?

Thomas
_______________________________

Thomas Köller, Software Developer

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62
22926 Ahrensburg
Germany

Tel. +49 (0) 4102 - 463 390
Fax +49 (0) 4102 - 463 390

mailto:thomas.koeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.baslerweb.com

Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dietmar Ley (Vorsitzender) * John P. Jennings * Peter Krumhoff * Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Norbert Basler
Basler AG * Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4090 * Ust-IdNr.: DE 135 098 121 * Steuer-Nr.: 30 292 04497