Re: Linux on the MobilePro 7xx

On 2/1/07, Wim Vander Schelden <wim.vanderschelden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I just purchased a MobilePro 770 and I intend to port linux to it. It
runs on a VR4121 CPU, is there already some support in linux-mips for that?

I found some stuff on the net, but it all uses 2.4 kernels, and I would
rather get a 2.6 going.

Anyone who knows a little bit more about the subject is welcome to comment,

Wim

Hi Wim,

The VR41XX branch is pretty much fully supported in the kernel, thanks
to Yoichi Yuasa's work. You just need to make some board setup code
for the MP and you should be ready to boot a kernel on it.

On the current linux-mips tree there is NO support for neither fb,
pcmcia, touchscreen or keyboard for the MP; there are, however, some
drivers for fb, tpanel and keyb written somewhere, just look for them.

PCMCIA is broken due to i82365 legacy way of sorting irq's. Taking a
look at old linux-vr code for 2.4 tree might help to give you an idea
on whats causing the problem.

    Ricardo