Re: au1xmmc.c: does it work?

Hi Manuel,

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:40:53AM +0100, Manuel Lauss wrote:
> I insert a known working card, and the mmc cmd trace suggests
> CMD9 (send CSD) times out.

Are you working with a real MMC card or with an SD-card?

I myself am not able to get several SD-cards working, even though
SD-cards should be able to talk the MMC-protocol (AFAIK).

What I do have is several MMC-cards working properly, but I have
to add a small side note. I am using the AU1100 processor on our
own designed board. This AU1100 processor has a different DMA
controller than the AU1200 and AU1500. Unfortunaly the mmc driver
is written to use the DMA driver for the AU1200/AU1500 controller
and not the DMA driver for the AU1100. This is why I have a
slightly altered version of the au1xmmc driver. This version is
currently using pio mode instead of DMA. In the future I want it
to correcly use the right DMA driver depending on the processor,
but time constrains keep me at this moment from doing that. Also
it is a little bit addapted for our own hardware, which is like I
mentioned before not the DBAu1100 development board.

If you have trouble with MMC-cards too I'm more than willing to
send you the patch, but it probably needs some tweaking on your
part. That's why I do not yet attach it to this mail. Just ask
me personally for it if you want to try it out.

> Before I go about to trace the problem I'd like to know if
> other people see this problem too or if it's specific to my
> system.

With the SD-cards the driver indeed got no answer on the CMD9
request. So yes, I have the same problem on the AU1100 with the
2.6.16 kernel.

--
$ cat ~/.signature
Freddy Spierenburg <freddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  http://freddy.snarl.nl/