Re: qemu initrd and ide support

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 03:08:32PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> After a week of test, I can say that the IDE part is working correctly
> (at least for me, and I suppose for you), I am using it on an emulated
> system with ext3 as the root partition, and with swap. There are some
> problems related to the userland tools (mke2fs) though.
>
> Therefore I propose to submit the IDE part to QEMU. I have extracted it
> from your patch, which also contains initrd support.
>
> Care to send it?

Could you do it?  Since you've tested them more, and separated them,
you might as well :-)  I think that both this and the rd_size patch
are good to submit.

I hope that I can find the time at some point to fix the problems
blocking a Debian installer, but right at the moment I don't know when
I'll have time.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery