Base Address: VIA Southbridge

Hi,

I m working on porting the 2.6.14.6 Linux kernel to the Encore M3 board
that has the AU1500 MIPS processor on it and is supported by the 2.4
kernel.

The board has a serial port on a VIA82C686B Southbridge that is on the
PCI bus.  Currently, the kernel hangs at the console_init function.  A
kernel oops is generated following a page fault in the serial_out
function as the address of the serial port given to the kernel is
incorrect.

According to the reference manual for this board, 0x5000 0000 is the I/O
Space address register. It is used to access PCI I/O space for devices
that require I/O access.  How do I find the Base address for the
Southbridge?  Once I find this, I can add an offset of 0x3F8 and access
COM 1.

I realise my questions are basic, but I am a beginner in Linux and
appreciate your feedback.
Thanks,

Ashlesha.