Re: CFE problem: starting secondary CPU.

On Oct 7, 2006, at 7:53 PM, Ralf Baechle wrote:

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 07:15:23PM -0700, Jonathan Day wrote:

I've seen the case where the second CPU did not start
on a Broadcom 1250 running a 64-bit kernel, but I
don't know if anyone has a good solution. I just
rigged the values in the Linux kernel so that it knows
about the second CPU. It's a godawful hack, but I
needed something quick at the time.

Personally, I am not a fan of CFE and would love to
know if there's a better way to bootstrap.

Firmware is a stepchild and all implementations have in common that they're hated by they're users. And my grief is there are way to many different
firmwares for MIPS systems.

  Ralf

would it be reasonable to choose couple of bootmonitors and support them under MIPS/Linux umbrella. even bootable linux would be a good choice.