Re: Roll-your-own Toolchain Builds

I am now trying to build a simple program with my new toolchain and I've come across the "can't find crt1.o" problem again. I am struggling with this.

You need glibc or uClibc for MIPS target.

If you want to use uClibc, see buildroot link in
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Toolchains .

Okay, this is going to be a stupid question, but when I built the kernel for the MIPS target, I had no issues or a need for those libs. I assumed that for such a simple hello.c program, I would not need glibc or uClibc either.

Pak