Re: [MIPS] Fix wreckage after removal of tickadj; convert to GENERIC_TIME.

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:13:21 +0100, Ralf Baechle <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >    Well, be forewarned that with this patch, MIPS kernel now only has
> > jiffy-precise time resolution. I.e. you could have killed all gettimeoffset
> > handlers I suppose since there's nothing to call them from anymore. We need
> > a clocksource patch added now to restore the old functionality (it's
> > currently a part of the RT patch)...
>
> After the other broken time patch it was most important to get the
> kernel buildable again.  We can still sort out the clock source.

This topic was raised on LKML a month ago.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/31/141

If you just wanted to fix the "undefined reference problem", replacing
"tickadj" with 500 (max ntp adjustment time) would be enough.

Of course, MIPS clock source would be preferred if it is available soon.

---
Atsushi Nemoto