Re: [RFC] setup.c: get ride of CPHYSADDR()

Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> Franck,
>>
>> The reason why I'm trying to kick out this macro is that we should
>> rely on __pa() for address convertions instead of having several
>> helpers that do the same thing but differently. Futermore if some
>> tricks are needed for these conversions, they should be done in
>> one place.
>
>  Have you verified it works correctly for 64-bit kernels linked at a KSEG0
> address?

Of course not ;). More seriously, I'm working on a 32 bits kernel. I'm
not familiar with MIPS 64 bits world and all tricks needed to compile
them, and that's the reason why I make this thread an RFC one.

I was suspecting something related to 64 bits kernels. Do you mean
that this macro exists because of a linker issue ?

Futhermore I noticed that some part of the code in setup.c do no rely
on this macro for address convertions. See for example in
resource_init():

	code_resource.start = virt_to_phys(&_text);
	code_resource.end = virt_to_phys(&_etext) - 1;
	data_resource.start = virt_to_phys(&_etext);
	data_resource.end = virt_to_phys(&_edata) - 1;

Why in that case we compute address converstion differently ?

Thanks
		Franck