Re: linux-libc-headers-2.6.17

Hi Jim,

I have downloaded 2.6.18 sanitized headers from the following link which was suggested by you.
http://ftp.jg555.com/headers

I am trying to build the toolchain for MIPS for linux-2.6.18 kernel using these headers and uClibc-0.9.28 and gcc-3.4.3.
When i tried to compile busybox-1.00 i get the following error
"undefined reference to `getpageshift' ".

Then i searched in the mailing list and found your article
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2006-July/057591.html

I added the following definition for getpageshift(), suggested in the above link in the asm-mips/page.h file

 Here is a santized version
> #define PAGE_SIZE       (getpagesize())
> static __inline__ int getpageshift()
> {
>     int pagesize = getpagesize();
>     return (__builtin_clz(pagesize) ^ 31);
> }
I am not able to find definition for getpagesize().Can you please help me finding the definition for same. Is it in kernel or in userland?.

BTW:

  I tried the same thing on Linux-2.6.17.13. I could build the toolchain by modifying the page.h as mentioned above. I could build the images for both Linux-2.6.17.13 and root file system for MIPS processor.But when i tried to execute any command pointing to busybox i was getting kernel crash.

When i tried to debug this issue i found that "asm/page.h" file is included in some of the files in the busybox.

Is this crash because of getpageshift() which is defined in asm-mips/page.h.?.

What is the expected output of getpagesize()?.

Could you advise a solution for this?.

Regards,
Sathesh

Jim Gifford <maillist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jim Wilson wrote:
> I'd suggest looking at Dan Kegel's crosstool package, which provides
> scripts showing how to do a build from scratch. There is a pointer to
> it on the www.linux-mips.org wiki. See
> http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Toolchains

Actually my Cross-LFS team has created a sanitation script to clean the
headers, you can get the script from http://headers.cross-lfs.org, or
you can download a bundle from http://ftp.jg555.com/headers