Re: oprofile configure?

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:34:12AM -0400, Azer, William wrote:

> i have natively built oprofile for sb1 platform and i get a lot of warnings from the compiler.  i had to use --disable-werror in order to build.  has anyone encountered this?  am i doing something wrong?

For a long time there has been no release of oprofile so only versions from
CVS did work on MIPS:  However there has been a release of 0.9.2 on
September 15 which so I hope is the first release of oprofile that will
work out of the box for MIPS.

I believe -Werror is a remarkably bad idea for any software release no
matter how beneficial it may be during development ...

  Ralf