RE: [MIPS] SB1: Build fix: delete initialization of flush_icache_page pointer.

>On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:54:40 -0700, "Manoj Ekbote"
><manoje@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I tried the patch that you pointed to and UP kernel boots
>fine. Looks
>> like that was a icache and dcache coherency problem now that
>there is
>> no flush_icache_page implementation.
>
>Hmm ... so it might be a SMP kernel problem?
>
>> Oh, inserting flush_icache_page caused the kernel to panic.
>I also see
>> that __flush_icache_page is not used anywhere. Any future use?
>
>I think __flush_icache_page should go away.  Here is a patch.
>http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2006-09/msg00003.html
>
>BTW, what you tried is something like this ?

I added a line that initializes the flush_icache_page pointer in
sb1_cache_init.
The below method worked. The SMP kernel boots fine now. Removing parts
of local_sb1_flush_icache_page doesn't help. It looks like
flush_icache_page in mm/memory.c:do_no_page is needed. Removing it will
fail the boot process.

I am wondering if people have booted the latest tree on non-Broadcom
boards...curious to know if the removal of flush_icache_page has
affected them.

Thanks.