Re: [MIPS] SB1: Build fix: delete initialization of flush_icache_page pointer.

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:05:59 -0700, "Manoj Ekbote" <manoje@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The latest tip still has problems with booting on Broadcom boards.
> I turned on a couple of printk's in the page fault handler and I see the
> following messages:
> It looks like a cache corruption issue.  Did the removal of
> flush_icache_page
> cause this?

Yes perhaps.  But flush_icache_page() itself is obsolete API and
should be gone (see Documentation/cachetlb.txt).  So there should be
fault in somewhere else.

I think

http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2006-08/msg00184.html

is still needed, but it seems not enough.

If reverting flush_icache_page() worked, then you can debug more.

1. kill part of local_sb1_flush_icache_page().

If killing __sb1_writeback_inv_dcache_phys_range() part was OK, then
it would be dcache issue, if killing drop_mmu_context() part was OK,
then it would be icache issue.

2. kill calls of flush_icache_page().

If is used in only 3 places.

mm/fremap.c:    flush_icache_page(vma, page);
mm/memory.c:    flush_icache_page(vma, page);
mm/memory.c:            flush_icache_page(vma, new_page);

Finding which lines are required might help further investigation.

Another possible approach might be trying c-r4k.c instead of c-sb1.c.

If you wanted to debug with latest git tree, note that
include/asm-mips/hazard.h in current lmo git tree seems broken.  The
fix was already posted to this ML so hopefully we can see in git tree
soon...

---
Atsushi Nemoto