Re: where I can find a crosscompiler for BCM1255

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 00:16, richard wrote:
> I download crosscompilers(sb1-elf-,mips-linux-) from broadcom website, but error occurs when compiling

We can't help you unless you specify exactly what the error was, and
exactly what command you typed that generated the error.  If this was a
kernel compilation problem, you may need to specify the kernel
configuration used.

By the way, there is a default kernel config that you should start with,
and then modify as necessary.  It is in arch/mips/configs in the
sb1250-swarm_defconfigs file.

> Do the compilers work for linux compiling?

The sb1-elf toolchain will not work for compiling linux.  The mips-linux
toolchain will work for compiling linux.  However, because of
interdependencies between the linux kernel and gcc, certain gcc versions
may be required for compiling certain linux kernel versions.

>  or I should download other versions of compiler for the kernel? And where?

There is some useful info in the wiki about this.
    http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Toolchains
You can always start with FSF releases if you are willing to build the
toolchains yourself.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com