RE: Reading an entire cacheline

Dear Mr. Kissell and the others,

I apologize for my rude question if you felt like. I was first in this
mailing list and I didn't think I had to describe the background of my
problem such in depth. I have an application stored in an onboard block
device and it sometimes makes bus error or segmentation fault during
do_page_fault().
When the application is stored in and executed from an nfs device or an
ramfs or any other device, it works without any problem. So I think the
problem comes from the device driver or something below.
In some experiments, the cache invalidation in a point reduces the frequency
of abnormal terminations. (I don't know it's a walk-around or just reduction
yet) When the application was copied from the device onto the other (ram or
network) device, it works well. So I guess the problem is related to the
cache and not from just d-cache incoherency. I targeted the consistency
between d- and i-cache as first. If you have any idea, please let me know.
For the device driver for the block device is very large and not my work,
I'm still in the dark. ^^;

Thank you for your hints about the interrupt disabling and the variable
cachability. They could be very helpful for me. For the tag, I meant the
physical address field of the valid tag. Thank you again.

Regards,
JS.